What is The Institute for Earth Observations at Palmyra Cove ?
An ongoing Earth SySTEM educational endeavor to engage teachers and students in an innovative study of Planet Earth from both earthbound and space borne perspectives using state-of-the-art technologies and educational resources.
The Institute for Earth Observations:
- expands the study of our planet through the use of remote sensing and geospatial technologies
- builds upon established Geoscience related field studies, observations, and measurements
- provides leadership for developing STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) applications in the classroom
- explores geoscience career pathways for readiness in the 21st century workforce
- provides professional development to teachers through a series of topics that develop content, classroom applications, and leadership
- is a clearinghouse for local, regional, and national teacher opportunities
Institute for Earth Observations:
The “Clubhouse” where experiences can be shared and innovative collaboration begins.
About the Director
News & Happenings
Virtual Reality Studio
Programs at the Institute for Earth Observations will introduce participants to:
STEM Policy, Geoscience Initiatives and Educational Frameworks
Established national and international programs with direct classroom applications
Advanced content in the Geoscience and Remote Sensing fields.
Participants leverage these experiences to develop a national vision with local strategies through Plans of Action for local implementation.